11 Donzi Lane
Maple, Ontario, Canada
The best solution for the ugly popcorn ceilings : don't fix it - cover it up
Polystyrene Tiles - the perfect solution for the ugly popcorn (stucco) ceilings. Made of extruded Polystyrene those tiles are feather light, elegant, clean and virtually maintenance free.
You won’t need either professional tools or special skills. With no special preparation work required you can glue those tiles straight to the popcorn ceiling.
Advantages of Polystyrene tiles :
Paintable (water based paint)
Easy to install
Easy to clean (wet rug)
Can be installed over popcorn
· Our Polystyrene Tiles can be installed over any solid surface (even popcorn)
· To install the tiles you’ll need: sharp utility knife, marker, putty knife for adhesive,
ceramic wall tile adhesive (like Acryl Pro or Omni Grip), straight edge to make nice cuts.
1. Prepare the surface: Remove loose plaster, paint, wall paper etc. Draw a chalk line in the middle of the room (preferably through light fixture electrical box, if you have one)
2. Apply the adhesive: We recommend to use Ceramic wall tile’s adhesive (which could be found at any local building supplies store). Installing the tiles over the popcorn requires more adhesive vs. plain drywall or plywood ceilings
3. Install the fist row along the chalk line. Take your time making it as straight as possible. Butt join tiles side by side
4. Work your way to the sides. Install first the whole tiles, do the cutting at the end